Thursday, March 27, 2008

This has been a better day - still hard feeling, but better. I've been thinking about the things I say to myself to keep myself anchored especially when I'm struggling - "One foot in front of the other. "Inch by inch, row by row." "Real is better than perfect." "Just do the next right thing." "Give to give, love to love, live to live." "Remember, love not ego." I run my life from phrase to phrase some days. I wonder if that's common or uncommon - self governance by personal proverb.

I'm reading To Brokaw's book Boom about the sixties and am impressed and depressed - There is so much information in the book, so much about how the reactionary right that has done so much har was born at a time when we on the left were trying to make a difference for good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, reflecting on what I do if I am struggling: I would say I just keep moving along. So it would be more the "one foot in front of the other" approach.

I admire that you always find time to read. Even if I love a book as the one I am reading now, it is hard to find / make time.

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog, Victoria, but often don't leave comments (sorry). Sorry you are struggling with so much.

Love to you and all your family. Carry on!