Thursday, January 04, 2007

Bob is feeling better, coughing less. i'm really enjoying having him home - both living here and not working. I think retirement might eventually feel good if we could just relax and be - not always trying to get things done. I enjoy these slow evenings. I have been working and that has been good too. Death still seems all around. My business partner Kent's father is dying, if not tonight in the next few days - in his eighties, finally caving in to all kinds of cancer after a long fight, survivor of the Battle of the Bulge, sweet spirited man, good father and grandfather even if he is an Aggie. And Paul, my young friend with the brain tumor has taken a turn for hte worse - seizures and apparently not conscious. That's so scary. He may not even have time to know what's happening to him, to gather his good byes. Death does take us on its own terms.

No comments: