Sunday, January 27, 2008

Good Sunday - Mass today was grand - the celebration of 100 years of worship at that location and the dedication of a new, and lovely, altar table made by a local artist and church member. The bishop was there with his hat and crook and there was a striking parade of priests who had once served at that church, and glorious music. After church the kids and I enjoyed a craft afternoon with our friend Marie - something I've been wanting to do for a long time and finally managed to manage. Marie has been painting as a hobby for fifteen years now and has so much knowledge of paints and brushes and techniques, its really a delight to learn from her and watch her teach the kids. Each participated at his/her level and we all ended up with cool painted rock projects in the end. I'm tired tonight - such a busy weekend and so much logistics and time out in the world - but its good. Life is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it is neat that you are involved in your grandchildren's church experiences; and it must have been a wonderful celebration of 100 years of worship there and the attendance of the bishop and so many priests who formerly served.

Your craft afternoon sounds like a lot of fun for everyone. My sister and I used to make painted rocks (from smooth Lake Michigan rocks), and one summer we sold them at a local market. I still have a few leftovers from those days.

For two years when I was teaching I made painted rocks for my students as Christmas gifts. They had a flower & a message for each individual child. Sometimes when I ran into this students somehere years later they told me they still had those rocks. That made me smile. Your entry triggered these memories!