Monday, February 23, 2009

Signs of spring are evident - hints appeared two weeks ago- a single white blossomed fruit tree, a chorus of birdsong as I trudged to the bus stop early, wrapped in my big coat. That evening I forgot my coat at the office for the first tie this season, just didn't need it walking home. last week spring began to sprinkle more signs, wisteria, mountain laurel, the first of the red buds, still barely visible, pinky purple against the sky if you look at the right angle. in a week they will take my breath, so bright, and in two weeks, green will be replacing the flowers. I also saw my first wildflower of the season this weekend, a Texas prickly poppy - big, white, delicate, overblown - Welcome back signs of spring.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Wonderful that you are seeing signs of spring. We will wait a while for such signs, but it is nice to know spring is somewhere....