Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It's sleety out - always an unpleasant novelyty in Austin. I keep peaking out hte door and watching the wind stir the hedges. Cold out there! And I'm nervous about reading my grief essay at Book People tomorrow night. A friend reinded me to think about hte listeners, not myself - and that helps. Both the weather and stage fright make me choose today's quote.

Art - and life - is about improvisation, discovery and awe. It is about leaning over the edge and staring deep into the abyss. It's about staring into our own inadequacies and, just as we think we might come up short, finding the answer that we need was there all the time. As we create we not only reveal Reality, we reveal ourselves.
Todd Henry

1 comment:

Mary said...

I am sure you will do fine at your reading, Victoria. I do hope there is a nice sized audience. I look forward to hearing about it.