Tuesday, January 06, 2009

First day back at work was good - felt efficient and helpful and in my element. After work I went out to eat with Ruth and Chris and then sent the evening with her at their house, in Liam's bright nursery, sorting little clothes into size categories and petting baby toys. They have little stations for Liam in every room - the cosleeper in the bedroom, little swing in the kitchen, bouncy seat in the nursery, bassinet in the livingroom, and, of course, car seat in the car (to be properly installed by firemen) and crib in the nursery. It is beautiful to see this house, which I remember Ruth buying as a young single woman, transforming into a haven for herself and Chris as a couple, now transforming again into a family home.

3 comments:

Sue said...

I am REALLY getting excited about this baby!!!!

Judy Roney said...

Its touching to think of Ruth buying this home where she became a wife and soon a mother in. She and Chris just may be welcoming her grandchildren into this house someday. :)
I can see you walking through this lively, colorfullovely room and touching the things that will be your grandson's very soon. Such love in this post. I am so happy for you all.

Mary said...

It is so neat to read about the preparations of Ruth and Chris for Liam. I know they will be wonderful parents!