Monday, November 03, 2008

Til You Got It

You got to grab it when
it flies by a wild horse, speeding
train, by the horns, by the shirttails
and just hang the hell on
til you feel the rhythm
in your bones, just
let the whole world sing
an' Baby you got it.

Peggy Goetz - November 2, 2008

Somehow the passion of Peggy's poem pairs for me with the sadness that Barack Obama's grandother died today and will not see (from earth at least) the result of the election and that he - if he wins - will not get to experience her delight in his victory.

Chances slip by. Wild horse fate gallops past in a breath. Got to grab hold when we still can. Any friends and faily reading here, I love you all.

5 comments:

Mary said...

I'm glad you are back to blogging, Victoria. I kept checking while you were unable to post.

I share your sadness that Barack Obama's grandmother died before the election. I am sure that he is soooo thankful he took some time to visit her before she passed. He must have known....

Ann said...

I'm thinking Obama's grandmother knew how to grab what was best and squeeze the greatest goodness from it, leaving this world with a smile for the man she raised. We can't help but be sad at the timing, but I'll bet she was ready to go without regret.

Anonymous said...

I love Peggy's poem, too, Victoria. I was saddened by Obama's grandmother's passing. I was so glad that he was able to visit her when he did even though he was campaigning.

Peggy said...

Thanks for putting my poem up Victoria. I too am glad to see you back blogging again after your Internet access problems. I share your feelings about the election and Obama!

Anonymous said...

p酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀