Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Everyone in the house is sleeping and I should be, but it is one of those nights when it feels free to be up exploring creative blogs and my own thoughts in the quiet of the small hours. I found two amazing blogs, and in the process, the suggestion to ask myself at the end of each year the last questions James Lipton asks his guests on Inside the Actor’s Studio. .

This list has become a once a year ritual for a blogger who calls himself Rabbit. He finds it interesting to see what changes from year to year. As Rabbit said, “I encourage you to steal them and answer them for yourself – even if you don’t post them, tuck them away and revisit yourself next year. The trick is to not read your previous answers before answering the new ones.”

This is my first year doing the list and here are my answers. I would love to read yours. If you do them, please do leave a link to your own post in the comments. Here goes.

1. What is your favorite word?

"Abide" has been my favorite word for years. I tend to be anxious and want to fix things and it really settles me to know that often all people need is that I abide and don't dump them or blow off their pain or their dreams.

2. What is your least favorite word?

"Obviously" is my least favorite word. So little, if anything at all is obvious and acting as if it is so is condescending and in my oopinion dangerous.

3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?

Open space, open time, open minds, open hearts, open discussion

4. What turns you off?

clutter, noise, closed minds, closed hearts, absolutism

5. What is your favorite curse word?

"Yayda Netchke" It's Czech and I'm probably spelling it wrong because I never saw it written. It was my grandma Anna's only curse word and may not even be an actual curse word, but I loved her and copied her and copy her curse word still. It feels strong and personal, not melted yet into American pie.

6. What sound or noise do you love?

Wind

7. What noise do you hate?

the laugh track sounds of television

8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?

. totally unrealistic given lack of sufficient vision and talent, but reporter in dangerous and troubled parts of the world, catching the moment of crisis with my camera, getting the great tragic shot, writing it down.

9. What profession would you not like to do?

I would hate any profession that required me to count things and keep detailed reports - nightmare job would be accountant.

10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?

"Thank you. Well done."

So those are my answers. I'd love to see what some of the rest of you would do with these questions.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Wouldn't it be fun to throw this out to hcc!