Sunday, August 22, 2010

I am having a terrible time blogging, and that's not like me. I've been down, stressed,struggling with the pace of work and family life - and yet also delighted with both. K.K., Bob and Ruth all start new semesters in the morning, Bob with a beautifully decorated calssroom and meticulous lesson plans, K.K. with a great back to school outfit and school supplies thoroughly organized. It touched me that Chris and Ruth and I were all three in the kitchen tonight lovingly working on lunches for both of them. Ruth is such a conschiencious professor, i really think her students are fortunate. Every sememster she makes her class a little better, a little deeper, and she cares so much. i hate it that the first day of school is supposed to be 105 degrees - just seems wrong. I think eventual cooler weather will lift my spirits as well as those of many others here in hot Austin. I commit tonight to writing something here every day for the next two weeeks, just to build a habit and share information about our new beginnings, even if
i'm not paritcularly inspired or coherent.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, for one, have missed your blog...look foward to hearing more!
CA

Anonymous said...

I, for one, have missed your blog..look forward to hearing more..CA

Ruth said...

Welcome back (And thank you for your compliment) I will try to let your commitment inspire me to get back to it.

Mary said...

105 would be a bit warm for a first day of school. It sounds like Bob, Ruth, and KK all are well prepared. I wish them all a good year and for you, less stress.