Monday, September 24, 2007

I had an odd kind of good day - just took out on the bus to do a lot of minor errands. It felt good not being on a schedule and going at my own pace. I went to the office to check new lease details. did some banking, and spent over an hour at the library, just browsing, checking new authors. I'm fascinated by the range of international perspectives in literature written in English these days. I got two very different books - The Faith Healer of Olive Avenue by Manuel Munoz , a series of short stories about a Mexican American neighborhood in California and The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid, a short and compelling feeling novel about the experiences of a Pakastani immigrant (Princeton educated no less) to the United States and the way his experience changed after the September 11 attacks. And yes, I also got two Laura Lippman mysteries just for fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't spending time at the library with nowhere else to be the most incredible thing? And now that the seasons are changing there is that amazing feeling of productivity and excitement just being out in the world.

I Love FALL! I'm glad you are taking advantage of it.