Friday, July 04, 2008

Fourth of July celebration was perfect in RUth's haven of a pool filled back yard - not even too hot and no mosquitos. Ruth and Chris are at the end of their busy month, ready to rest and unwind. The kids are growing up so beautifully and all had a blast in the pool. Me too. Joanna's friend Tray made the food, delicious barbeque and lots of it. After dark fell we enjoyed fire workds and sparklers. Again the kids seeme big and self sufficient, running and spinning wiht sparklers with as much delight as I remember.

I'm thinking more of family than patriotism this Fourth - but am thinking as I prepare to go to bed about my belief that my patriotism is to the principles behind our government more than to the government itself, or to any specific administration.

No comments: