Saturday, October 03, 2009

Asking for and accepting help has reached a new level for me. I was feeling completely overwhelmed trying to get my stuff organized in my new smaller bedroom. It seemed like everything I tried was only partially succesful and I was using up my energy at work and on the rest of the house and the belonging pruning. This afternoon I asked Ruth to help me just a little with my room - just to organize my thinking. Then I had to go back to work. When I came home she had made the space beautiful and usable, reorienting the bed, putting the ce3dar chest in the clset and moving dressers out to be more accessible - just really taking care of me by taking care of my space. That is the sweetest thing about htis cohousing for me - being taken care of sometimes. Dishes get washed, food prepared, laundry folded wihtout my doing it. Treats come into the house without my bringing them. I feel like I get the best parts of bing a child - the surprises and the care while getting to do the same kind of nurturing for the others.

3 comments:

Mary said...

How wonderful that Ruth was so helpful in taking care of your space. An act of love and caring for sure. And yes, it really IS nice to be taken care of sometimes, even if someone does the things that one really COULD do by oneself. Enjoy.

Heidi said...

I love this expression of community and people using their skills and talents to bring pleasure and help to others (who have talents and skills in other areas). I think this is a wonderful time for youall, with Chris having more free time, delight toghether in Liam's first year. We love and support you.

Joe Hendricks said...

What a wonderful sharing of talents, Ruth and Victoria!
Love, Joe