Thursday, July 01, 2010

It's really amazing - everything's changing. Bob was hired on the spot to teach sixth grade at Andrews Elementary here in Austin. So he'll be home for good after seven years of keeping two households. We got used to it. it worked. I loved getting to know the Corpus community - our beach and birding time - and the lives of the families and kids we met down there. If I'd thought it would be seven years when we started, I wouldn't have gone for it, but it hasn't seemed long or bad or hard. But now he'll be home and a whole new phase starting. I'm excited about being able to easily help in the classroom, to go to assemblies and plays and things, and just to be together day in and day out, night in and night out. And not keeping two households will sure be easier on the pocketbook.

It's crazy weather here because of Hurricaine Alex, highs around 80 and lots of rain, nothing like early July in Texas where we are usually well into the 90's if not 100.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Victoria, I am so happy for Bob, so happy for you all....that you will from this point on be able to live in the same house.

Sorry about the crazy weather. I wouldn't have thought Alex would have affected you in Austin.

I momentarily ( VERY momentarily) listened to Fox news this morning and heard something about the Austin court house being evacuated. Neither CNN or CNBC reported it, so truly I don't know what it was about.

In any case, life is hard but mostly good!

Victoria said...

Mary, thanks for being such a loyal commenter here. The connection matters to me. We have not had scary stormy weather, just lots and lots of rain after Alex and way cooler than usual temperatures, which is nice. It is GREEN here, usually not so green by July.