Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I promise travel blog next week. Right now I'm having trouble wanting to write much. I'm enjoying work this week, feeling connected with what I do there and also happy to have a break coming up. Traveling with Bob and the kids seems like a great treat - just being out of the heat and taking in remembered and new sights. Still have preparations to do - just scatter brained a little, thinking in too many directions. Bob and I were at the coast Saturday though and saw five coyotes running on the beach in the light of the rising gibbous moon - they were graceful shadow shapes - dreamy. We also noticed that the moonlight appeared silver above the water before we saw the actual moon. Every time we go to the beach alone at night our experience and knowledge of that place increases. I'm so lucky to be married to a man who will wait for the moonrise with me and who is as thrilled by coyotes on the beach as I am. I'm so lucky to be married to THIS man. He turns sixty Friday. I remember when sixty seemed like the beginning of "old". It doesn't feel like that now - maybe like the beginning of a little bit freer - but just the very beginning. Happy almost birthday, Bob.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Wow, Victoria! I'm enthralled by Bob's and your coyote sightings in the moonlight on the beach. Sounds magical. I just finiished reading Barbara Kingsolver's "Prodigal Summer," in which coyotes played a big part. I think you would enjoy reading this novel.

Happy belated b'day to Bob and I wish you and Bob a joyful journey with the kids!

Mary said...

I look forward to your travel blog. I also would LOVE to see coyotes on the beach