Thursday, September 14, 2006

At the end of another long work day I don't feel full of words, but I want to feed my renewed habit of bloggingg. The issues that come up for people in my therapy office seem to follow trends. This week much discussion has been around hope and hopelessness - the same thread Peggy opened on the HCC board. I wonder how much of that has to do with the September 11 anniversary and/or the coming change of season. I found myself speaking up today in favor of hope and action, against cynicism. If I take notice of pain, make an effort to help, try to do the next right thing, I may make mistakes but I will at least have a shot at making a positive difference. If I turn away and do nothing I know I change nothing. I don't have to know the outcome will be good or understand the whole problem. I can't. I can attempt to understand enough, to care enough, and to do the next right thing.

No comments: