Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I am sitting in Bob's parents warm, decorated, well stocked house, feeling so loved, loving connected and thoroughly enjoying the fact that out the window the ground is still blanketed in sparkly white snow, which just began to melt today. Being with Bob's parents makes me want to take better care of myself physically (though people can take great care of themselves and get sick and die or lose function anyway). These two people though, are such a blessing to all their family, all the generations as they continue in their eighties. I'm beginning to want that for myself, both the joy of seeing the generations develop and the possibility of continuing to provide stories, wisdom, support, and mostly LOVE.

3 comments:

Judy Roney said...

What a delightful post. I can feel the warmth of Bob's parents and their legacy of love. I am glad their lives have inspired you.

Ann said...

What a wonderful legacy you are receiving from Bob's parents on every level, Victoria. Bless them and you.

Mary said...

What a blessing for you and Bob and his parents to spend this time together. He is so lucky to have parents yet at this time of life.