Thursday, May 03, 2012

May baskets

Did any of the rest of you put them on your neighbors porches full of garden flowers when you were little?  I remember making the conical baskets out of construction paper, decorating them carefully, filling them and leaving them so happily.  I did it with my girls too, but the custom seems to have fallen by the wayside.  maybe next year with Liam.  There are several families withyoung kids on our street now, a regeneration of the neighborhood,  I thinkit's time for that kind of old sweet custom.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

I am not familiar with that custom so obviously we did not do it. I have heard of May baskets--but really had little concept of what they might be. Something from former times -- like dancing around a May pole.

I liked that this day was devoted to demonstrations bringing attention to the workers of the world.