Monday, March 27, 2006

Raining - raining - raining. It has been raining most of the day and is supposed to continue most of the week. We need it. The winter was dangerously dry with wild fires and a burn ban all over Texas. Now spring is coming into green softness, but slowly after a major cold snap last week. Trees still look scraggy - not lush yet - in transition, like awkward adolescents. A week from now it will be very different I think - full spring.

I finished my hospice volunteer training today. It is exciting to me to be working on a volunteer project with Ruth - following her lead in the photo part of the project at least. Its been a while since I worked with hospice or grief groups, and I think I've missed it. I didn't plan to start volunteering until I closed my practice in ten years or so - but this feels good now.

No comments: